Dustin Harris / Daily Nexus

UC Santa Barbara students throughout Isla Vista were relieved to hear Monday morning that, though COVID-19 has changed much of the day-to-day for the student body, it will not be changing UCSB’s annual Halloween lockdown procedures. 

“We remain determined to provide Gauchos with the same sense of fun-stifling tension that we try to bring to the table every Halloween,” read a statement issued from the Chancellor Henry Yang’s office. “We are looking forward to putting up the chain-link fences we know the student body so enjoys.” 

The I.V. residents Nexustentialism spoke with all seemed to share a unanimous sense of reassurance in knowing that COVID-19 would not be infiltrating the sanctity of this yearly ritual. 

“With everything going on right now, I’m so relieved that we can get a little sense of normalcy back into our routine,” 68-block resident Cassie Bean said. 

Ian Yan, a third-year physics major, expressed his joys over the approaching holiday: “I think this Halloween lockdown will actually be a great distraction from the COVID-19 lockdown. Honestly, I’ve been missing a good noise ordinance.”

Emma Demorest believes that Chancellor Yang is just a puppet for an underground chain-linked fence syndicate.

Emma Demorest
Emma Demorest is the editor of Nexustentialism. She once licked the largest wooden yoyo in the world.