You know that feeling when it’s only Week 3 and you’ve already given up on gymming everyday and eating healthy? Don’t worry. That’s not going to happen this year. We know you won’t have time to craft a perfect avocado toast and chicken alfredo everyday, so with these simple meal prep recipes, you’re sure to be prepped and ready to go for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Breakfast: Berry Overnight Oats
Prep Time: 5 minutes
-Rolled oats (1 ½ cups of rolled oats)
-Brown sugar (1 tbsp.)
-Yogurt (5 cups)
-Fruits (cubed blueberries, strawberries, mangoes)
-Nuts (sliced almonds, pecan halves)
-5 mason jars or containers
- Add the rolled oats into a bowl and mix it with the brown sugar. Set the mixture aside.
- Add 1 cup of yogurt to each mason jar or container.
- Carefully spoon ¼ cup of the oats and sugar mixture on top of the yogurt.
- Add your fruits, nuts and any additional toppings to your liking.
- Close the lids and refrigerate overnight.
Tip: Alternate the toppings every day so you can try something new or just to make sure you don’t get bored of eating the same thing for breakfast.
Lunch: Chicken Pasta Salad
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes
-Linguine pasta (9 oz.)
-Chicken breast (10 oz.)
-Spinach (4 cups)
-Red and yellow bell pepper (3 cups, cubed)
-Parmesan cheese (1 cup, shredded)
- Cook the pasta according to box instructions.
- Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat and cook the chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add all of the spinach and bell peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta into the pan and sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese to your liking and mix well.
- Separate portions into 5 servings and place into containers. Reheat for 1-2 minutes before eating.
Dinner: No-Carb Shrimp and Veggies
Prep/Cook Time: 25 minutes
-Large uncooked shrimps (25, peeled)
-Asparagus (3 cups, halved)
-Cherry tomatoes (3 cups, halved)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Mix the shrimp, 1 tbsp. of olive oil and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the asparagus and cherry tomatoes on either side of the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the center of the pan and bake for another 7-8 minutes.
- Portion the shrimp, tomatoes and asparagus into 5 different containers and place in the refrigerator. Heat for 2 minutes in the microwave when ready to eat.
Winnie Lam serves as the 2019-2020 On The Menu Editor. She has an unhealthy obsession with Trader Joe’s and she loves all things matcha.