Every year, UC Santa Barbara’s own Associated Students Environmental Affairs Board gears up to host their well-known and well-loved I.V. Earth Day Festival. The event, held in Ansiq’Oyo’ Park, boasts live music, eco-friendly activities, informational booths and free snacks — all of which aim to get the local community thinking about environmental topics and hopefully excited to take action toward a more sustainable lifestyle. The following collection of photos provide a look at what the festival was all about. 

On April 22, 2023, the Isla Vista Recreation and Park District hosted an Earth Day event in Ansiq’Oyo’ Park from 1-5 p.m., with live music, flower planting and tabling from a variety of clubs and local organizations. (Shiuan Cheng / Daily Nexus)

A creative banner advertising the festival. (Shiuan Cheng / Daily Nexus)

A clothing drive allowed visitors to get rid of any unwanted outfits, while also browsing through some of what others were selling. (Shiuan Cheng / Daily Nexus)

A variety of UCSB clubs and local organizations set up tents to spread awareness on the causes they support, all relating to sustainability and eco-friendly topics. (Shiuan Cheng / Daily Nexus)

A painting station was set up for visitors to paint their own ideal “paradise.” (Shiuan Cheng / Daily Nexus)

Two students educate visitors on the harmful impacts of microplastics. (Shiuan Cheng / Daily Nexus)

The event included live musical performances from a number of local bands. (Shiuan Cheng / Daily Nexus)

Visitors paint their own flower pots, which they can then use to pot a flower. (Shiuan Cheng / Daily Nexus)

A bird’s-eye view of Ansiq’Oyo’ Park, where the event was held. (Shiuan Cheng / Daily Nexus)