A man was arrested for an assault with a knife at Camino Real Marketplace in Goleta on Friday, Sept. 23. The assault victim was uninjured and required no medical attention.

Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Office (SBSO) identified the assailant as Jeremiah Jacobson, 43-year-old resident of La Mirada, in a press release.

SBSO responded at 9:16 a.m. to a report of an assault involving a knife that just occurred, arriving near the Staples located in Camino Real Marketplace. There, deputies learned that the suspect — described as a white man with a long beard and a backpack — was last seen entering the Home Depot in the shopping complex.

SBSO established a perimeter around Home Depot and evacuated the business in cooperation with store employees. Deputies searched inside and around the store, eventually identifying a man behind the neighboring Target who matched the suspect’s description at 9:57 a.m. Deputies apprehended and detained Jacobson shortly after.

Jacobson was charged with a felony and booked at the Santa Barbara Main Jail, where he is currently being held on $30,000 bail.

Nisha Malley
Nisha Malley (she/her/hers) is the County News Editor for the 2022-23 school year. Previously, Malley was an Assistant News Editor for the 2021-22 school year. She can be reached at news@dailynexus.com.