Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and when you are spending quality time with family and friends you can never go wrong with cookies. Taking a twist on the classic pumpkin spice dessert, these white chocolate chip snickerdoodles are sure to be a hit at your next holiday get-together. This recipe yields 24 servings and takes approximately 35 minutes to make.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.iheartnaptime.net/pumpkin-snickerdoodles/
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and nutmeg.
- In another medium bowl, stir together butter, egg and sugar until well combined. Then mix in vanilla extract.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix in white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes to allow for the dough to thicken, making it easier to roll out.
- Roll dough into approximately 2-inch balls.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar onto dough balls.
- Place cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet, approximately 2 inches apart, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Whether you want to impress your family and friends, or just enjoy some delicious fall-inspired delights, this recipe is perfect.
A version of this article was featured on p. 12 of the November 18, 2021 print edition 0f the Daily Nexus.