October is here, and fall ingredients are hitting the grocery store shelves: pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, chai, apple, cranberry and so much more. One of my favorite drinks all year round is a Moscow Mule, but with a few twists, you can enjoy my Apple Cider Mule this fall. This mule will be the perfect addition to all your autumn celebrations.
- 1.5 oz vodka (I used Tito’s Handmade Vodka)
- Squeeze of lime
- Ginger beer (about ½ cup)
- 1.5 oz apple cider
- Apple slices to garnish
- Cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Pour 1.5 oz of vodka and 1.5 oz of apple cider into the bottom of your glass. (Copper mugs are always fun for mules!)
- Squeeze a lime wedge into the mixture.
- Add your desired amount of ice.
- Top with ginger beer to your liking.
- Slice an apple, and add it to the rim to garnish.
- Add cinnamon sticks for more fall flavors!
This drink would pair perfectly with all your fall dinners: soups, squashes and meats. The seasons are changing, so get creative with new fall items this month!
A version of this article was featured on p. 12 of the October 21, 2021 print edition of the Daily Nexus.