Don’t forget to wear green this St. Patrick’s Day … and also eat some green! While you put on green attire, why not also make a green colored cake? This matcha pistachio cake can be your green-themed dessert for the holiday. Take extra caution in keeping the pinches away by covering all your bases and eating green!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground pistachio
- 3 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Note: You can also add green food coloring to make the whipped cream green
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and oil a 9-by-5 loaf pan.
- Combine and sift dry ingredients together in a medium bowl (flour, matcha powder, baking powder and ground pistachios).
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In a separate bowl, cream the eggs, yolks, sugar and honey until pale and frothy.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and gently stir until fully combined. Add melted butter and combine.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool on a rack.
- Assemble the cake and decorate with whipped cream.
Decorate your cake any way you want, whether it be by adding some St. Patrick’s Day designs or simply by eating the green cake as it is. Enjoy this matcha pistachio cake recipe and share some slices with your friends and family to keep the leprechauns away.