If these brownies are dairy-free and egg-free, then what’s in them? Good question! By using avocado instead of egg, these brownies come out super rich and chewy. Plus, they’re completely vegan! During quarantine, I’ve tried so many vegan brownie recipes, but this version achieved the best chocolate flavor as well as that fudgy texture that we all love in traditional brownies. I’d be lying if I said that it took me more than two days to polish off the whole tray.
Makes 16 small brownies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (a gluten-free flour blend will work too!)
- 2 cups white sugar (or ¾ cup coconut sugar + ½ cup monk fruit sweetener)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Large fork
- Square pan
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients (cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt).
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the mashed avocado, milk, vanilla extract and water with a large fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until smooth. The batter should not be too runny or too thick.
- Line a square pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. I only had a loaf pan, but the brownies still cooked just as well!
- Bake the brownies for 30-40 minutes. Let them cool before serving!
Definitely try out these ooey-gooey, vegan-friendly brownies! Your non-vegan friends will be amazed by the fact that avocado can work so well in sweet recipes. Added bonus: Since there’s no egg in this recipe, you can lick the batter!Egg and Dairy Free Avocado Brownies!