With the holidays just around the corner, this delicious, chocolatey treat is a great way to begin your winter break and ring in the new year with your family and friends. Make no mistake, these are no ordinary brownies; they are loaded with marshmallows, chocolate chips and M&M’s. This classic winter treat with a twist takes an hour to prepare and makes up to 16 servings. 

Faiza Mohammed / Daily Nexus

Ingredients (Brownies):

• 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar 
  • 3 eggs 
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 cups marshmallows (mini or chopped jumbo marshmallows)
  • 1/2 cup M&M’s 

Ingredients (Crust):

• 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions: 

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking pan or line with parchment paper.
  2. To make the crust, crush the graham crackers and mix in melted butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Once all the ingredients are combined, press the mixture into the baking pan and bake for about 10 minutes. 
  3. Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl over 20 second intervals, until they have properly melted. Stir to make sure the consistency is correct. (You want the mixture to be thin.) 
  4. Let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes, then add in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, baking powder and vanilla. 
  5. Carefully stir the flour into the mixture. 
  6. Pour the brownie mixture onto the prepared graham cracker crust and bake for about 42 minutes. 
  7. Remove the brownies from the oven.
  8. Microwave the marshmallows for a few seconds to soften them, then carefully spread marshmallows on top of brownies. 
  9. Continue baking for a few more minutes to allow the marshmallows to properly melt onto the brownies, while continuing to watch the brownies. 
  10. Once the marshmallows have attained a golden hue, remove the brownies from the oven. 
  11. Add M&M’s and extra chocolate chips on top of the brownies for an extra garnish and flavor. 
  12. Cut the brownies and enjoy! 

Faiza Mohammed / Daily Nexus

Baking is a must during the holiday season and this recipe is a great one to try with family and friends. This holiday season is unlike any other, so I invite you to try making this dish with your loved ones and create some long lasting memories! 

Recipe Adapted From The Beach House Kitchen.