With the holidays just around the corner, this delicious, chocolatey treat is a great way to begin your winter break and ring in the new year with your family and friends. Make no mistake, these are no ordinary brownies; they are loaded with marshmallows, chocolate chips and M&M’s. This classic winter treat with a twist takes an hour to prepare and makes up to 16 servings.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups marshmallows (mini or chopped jumbo marshmallows)
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, crush the graham crackers and mix in melted butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Once all the ingredients are combined, press the mixture into the baking pan and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl over 20 second intervals, until they have properly melted. Stir to make sure the consistency is correct. (You want the mixture to be thin.)
- Let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes, then add in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, baking powder and vanilla.
- Carefully stir the flour into the mixture.
- Pour the brownie mixture onto the prepared graham cracker crust and bake for about 42 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven.
- Microwave the marshmallows for a few seconds to soften them, then carefully spread marshmallows on top of brownies.
- Continue baking for a few more minutes to allow the marshmallows to properly melt onto the brownies, while continuing to watch the brownies.
- Once the marshmallows have attained a golden hue, remove the brownies from the oven.
- Add M&M’s and extra chocolate chips on top of the brownies for an extra garnish and flavor.
- Cut the brownies and enjoy!
Baking is a must during the holiday season and this recipe is a great one to try with family and friends. This holiday season is unlike any other, so I invite you to try making this dish with your loved ones and create some long lasting memories!
Recipe Adapted From The Beach House Kitchen.