Nexus File Photo

“Mo Bamba,” the hit masterpiece by national treasure “Mudboy” Sheck Wes has passed away this weekend at the hands of the song’s discovery by White people.

Inspired by his childhood best friend and current NBA player Mo Bamba, Khadimoul Rassoul Cheikh Fall (better known by his stage name, Sheck Wes) famously recorded the song in one take, posting the future club banger to Soundcloud on June 16, 2017. Almost immediately, “Mo Bamba” took over the club scene not only in Harlem, but all over the country despite no radio play and little chart success. This led to many cultured enthusiasts calling for it to replace the Star-Spangled Banner as the country’s national anthem.

“I don’t know one word to that flag song,” said one fan. “But imagine putting your hand over your heart as ‘YOUNG SHECK WES AND I’M GETTING REALLY RICH’ blasts through the speakers. Patriotism would definitely rise.”

It wasn’t till mid-2018, a year later, that the song went viral, with notable celebrities such as Drake, Odell Beckham Jr., and Shaquille O’Neal publicly recorded picking up on the exquisite piece of art that is “Mo Bamba.”

While the song’s rocketing popularity garnered him national attention and multiple features on Travis Scott’s Astroworld, it did come with a price to pay.

“I haven’t cried since I was in first grade, but seeing that video of all those frat dudes in suits dancing to the song made me wanna throw up,” said another fan. “It was at that moment that I knew… ‘Mo Bamba’ had been forever tainted. They already have Mark Ruffalo, Rex Orange County, and privilege, why couldn’t they leave us just one fucking song?”

In many of the viral video and snapchats posted in the last few weeks, another issue has been uncovered. The consistent ratio of N-word use to white people in each video is very, very high.

“Ever since that motherfucking ‘Freaky Friday’ song with Chris Brown and Lil Dicky, way too many white people have been screaming that word with confidence at these functions,” said one frustrated Isla Vista resident. “There is statistically no way your party at UCSB has enough colored people to match how distinct that word is over the music.”

Another lost soul taken from us way too young. Simply tragic.

“Mo Bamba” is survived by “Crew” by Goldlink (ft. Brent Faiyaz and Shy Glizzy) and every Vince Staples song that isn’t “Norf Norf”.

Kian Karamdashti will be very surprised if he doesn’t get in trouble, or at the very least, a stern talking too for this article

Kian Karamdashti
Kian Karamdashti is an Opinion and Nexustentialism staff writer. He consistently falls asleep in class and enjoys kicking the ball around. He also thinks Vince Staples is criminally underrated.