To be honest, when I first heard about the concept of meal-prepping, I was a little weirded out. Who wants to be eating two-day-old brown rice, right? But as a college freshman who just changed my meal plan from 14 to 10 meals a week, meal prep just started to make sense. So whether you’re a busy student or just tired of food from the dining commons like I am, you’ll definitely make the most of this quick and easy garlic chicken pasta recipe!

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

1 whole yellow bell pepper, sliced

1 whole red bell pepper, sliced

4 cups spinach

3 zucchinis, sliced into 1-inch pieces

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tsps salt (to taste)

2 tsps pepper (to taste)

3 tbsps olive oil

1 lb farfalle (bowtie) pasta

1 cup parmesan cheese (optional)

½ cup water

Step 1: Cook your pasta according to package instructions. Drain thoroughly and set aside.

Step 2: Heat 2 tbsps of olive oil in a medium-sized pan on high heat and cook both bell peppers and three zucchinis for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside when done.

Step 3: In the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil and cook the chicken breasts with the minced garlic on medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, or until the edges are opaque. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Step 4: Slice cooked chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place everything back into the pan on low heat, and add the spinach. Add ½ cup of water to the pan while mixing everything slowly.

Step 5: Divide the pasta into 5 containers and top with parmesan cheese. Top each container with a lid and shake gently to ensure that everything is evenly distributed.

Final verdict: Garlic chicken pasta for dinner five days in a row is a definite yes. The crunch of the zucchinis and bell pepper contrasts perfectly with the pasta’s soft texture, and the cheese adds the perfect creaminess to the entire dish. I’ll definitely be making this again to curb my cravings the next time I get tired of DLG, Ortega and Carillo.

Winnie Lam
Winnie Lam serves as the 2020-2021 On The Menu Editor. She has an unhealthy obsession with Trader Joe's and she loves all things matcha.