With the quarter quickly drawing to a close, today’s issue constitutes the last print edition of the quarter as the Nexus enters its usual Dead Week and finals week hiatus. When we return in three weeks, there will be a few noticeable changes.

Most notable among these changes, our Friday edition will now be available exclusively online. Our print edition will continue to run Monday through Thursday, while Friday’s online issue will feature picture slideshows, video interviews and other facets of multimedia unavailable in print. This switch will allow us to offer thicker print issues every other day of the week, and ultimately maximize your daily content.

In keeping with these changes, we are in the process of revamping our online section with new blogs, live coverage of sports games and campus events and interactive features to enhance your reading experience. Dailynexus.com will soon feature exclusive online content including a “Gourmet Gaucho” food blog and a weekly science blog.

An app is also in the works that will allow you to directly access our content on your smartphone or tablet, and link to extra content via QR codes you can scan with your phone’s camera.

These changes reflect our commitment to keeping the public informed in both a current and timely fashion. Social media has gradually redefined the speed and access of information in our society, and it is our duty as journalists to utilize every resource at our disposal.

We welcome all questions, comments and concerns; send us an email at eic@dailynexus.com or feel free to stop by our office under Storke Tower.

— Staff Editorial By Patrick Kulp and Mark Strong