A.S. Trans & Queer Commission Hosts UCSB Pride

The Associated Students Trans & Queer Commission is hosting several events from April 4-9 in honor of Pride Week. Associated Students Trans & Queer Commission (A.S. TQCOMM) held a game of Jeopardy on April 4 and a trans and gender non-conforming panel featuring students and alumni on April 5. On April 6, A.S. TQCOMM hosted a Reel Pride Film Feature and a silent art auction. 

A.S. TQCOMM will be hosting a “Queers over the Years” fashion show on April 7 at 6:30 p.m. in the Corwin Pavilion. This event will be followed by a DIY “Tie-Dye your Pride” event on April 8 at 11 a.m. on the Lot 22 lawn. A.S. TQCOMM’s final event will be a drag show at The Hub at 7:30 p.m. 

A.S. Environmental Board Hosts Courthouse Climate Rally 

The A.S. Environmental Affairs Board will be joining several environmental organizations in demanding that California Governor Gavin Newsom end all permits for fossil fuels. The rally will take place at the Santa Barbara County Courthouse at 11 a.m. 

UCSB Education Abroad Program Holds International Karaoke Night 

The UCSB Education Abroad Program is hosting an International Karaoke Night on April 7 at 7:30 p.m. in the Student Resource Building’s Multipurpose Room. They are asking students to RSVP with their QR code, which can be found on Shoreline

Department of Recreation Hosts Women’s Climbing Night

UCSB’s Department of Recreation is hosting a Women’s Climbing Night on April 9 at 6 p.m. at the Recreation Center’s climbing wall. 

This event is for any woman who wants to get into climbing, as well as for anyone who already climbs and is looking for a fun night of socializing and beta swapping,” the Shoreline description stated.  

Harnesses and shoes will be provided for those who do not bring their own. 

A version of this article appeared on p. 2 of the April 7 print edition of the Daily Nexus.

Atmika Iyer
Atmika Iyer (she/her/hers) is the Daily Nexus editor in chief for the 2022-23 school year. Previously, Iyer was the County News and co-Lead News Editor for the 2021-22 school year. She's a lover of loud music, loud laughs and loud prints.