UC Santa Barbara announced the election of four of its alumni — Sue Wilcox, Joel S. Raznick, Michael Byron and Tina Hansen McEnroe — to the UCSB Foundation Board of Trustees on Feb. 10. 

The UCSB Foundation is a non-profit, public-benefit corporation founded in 1973, and is governed by the Board of Trustees, according to its website. The Foundation focuses on private philanthropy by providing management and investment services for the university and private support from individuals, corporations and foundations as well as public charities under the campus Internal Revenue Code.

“Our campus is thrilled to welcome four new trustees — all distinguished alumni — to the UC Santa Barbara Foundation Board, and we welcome the leadership and vision they will bring to our institution,” Chancellor Henry T. Yang said in a UCSB Current article. 

“Their individual accomplishments, collective expertise and unique perspective as graduates will provide valuable insight as our board continues to advance the mission of our great university,” he continued. “The partnership and generous support of all our trustees play a critical role in our continuing success as a world-class research institution.”

Wilcox graduated from UCSB as a part of the class of 1970, 1972 and 1975 for her bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and doctorate degree, respectively. She currently works as a consultant assisting in the start up of biotech companies. 

Raznick graduated with the UCSB class of 1981 and is now the president and chief executive officer of Undivided — a marketing agency that worked with companies like JPMorgan and Chase & Co. — and the chief marketing officer of NEFT Vodka. 

Byron, who is an alumnus from the class of 1987, currently serves as the vice president of finance operations and systems of NVIDIA, a technology company that designs graphics processing units for gaming and professional markets. 

McEnroe graduated from UCSB in 1989 and is the founder and associate director of UCSB’s Tina Hansen & Paul V. McEnroe Reading and Language Arts Clinic, which helps students from first through eighth grade with fluency, reading comprehension and writing. She is also the executive director of the Santa Ynez Valley Therapeutic Riding Program at the Santa Ynez Valley Equestrian Center.

Asumi Shuda
Asumi Shuda (they/them) is the Lead News Editor for the 2023-24 school year. Previously, Shuda was the Deputy News Editor, Community Outreach News Editor for the 2022-23 school year and the 2021-22 school year and an Assistant News Editor during the 2020-21 school year. They can be reached at asumishuda@dailynexus.com or news@dailynexus.com.