Hot new trend alert! With everyone stuck inside and coffee shops shutting down, what better way to spend your time than to whip up your own coffee? Dalgona coffee has risen to fame within the past few weeks for its crazy texture and aesthetic looks. This drink was termed “dalgona” due to its resemblance to South Korea’s old-school honeycomb toffee candy. Even though it may look intimidating to make, this drink only requires four simple ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen!
Makes 1 serving
- 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Milk (hot or cold)
- Ice (optional)
- Add the instant coffee powder, sugar and hot water into a mixing bowl.
- Whip using a stand mixer, hand mixer or a whisk until frothy and has soft peaks.
- Pour milk into a cup with ice and spoon some foam on top. Take an aesthetically pleasing pic before mixing the layers to enjoy!
- Using a whisk will take a long time and a lot of energy, but if you’re looking to work out your arm(s), go for it!
- To add a stronger coffee flavor to the drink, I recommend making a little coffee with a spoonful of the coffee powder and adding it to the iced milk. This also adds another layer to the drink, giving it an even more aesthetic look.
This is perfect for those who like their coffee sweet, and even if you aren’t a fan of sweet coffee, I think you should give it a try for the experience. Either way, this is a drink that incorporates two favorite breakfast beverages and it’s a great way to start your day.