The Nexus will be updating this page with live results from the Santa Barbara County Representative Primary elections beginning 9 p.m.
We will also be live-tweeting additional results. Additional information regarding the candidates can be seen here. The vote-by-mail and mailed ballot results reflect ballots within Santa Barbara County; the same-day voting live results reflect all votes counted within a representative’s district.
As of 1:40 a.m., all precincts have reported.
State Assembly 37th District:
Vote by Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: Charles Cole (R) leads with 36.27% of the vote. Behind him are Cathy Murillo (D) with 22.44%, Steve Bennett (D) with 16.82% and Jason Dominguez (D) with 8.68%. Elsa Granados (D) has 5.81% of the vote, Jonathan Abboud (D) has 5.75% and Stephen Blum (D) has 3.89%.
- As of 10:16 p.m., Cole still has the lead with 36.1% of the 12 precincts reporting so far in the 37th District. Bennett has 24.17% of the vote and Murillo has 17.43%. Dominguez has 6.57%, Blum has 5.48%, Granados has 5.39% and Abboud has 4.89%.
- As of 10:30 p.m. with 245 of 402 precincts reporting, Cole has 35.73% of the vote, Bennett has 24.82% and Murillo has 16.8%. Dominguez has 6.35%, Granados has 5.42% and Abboud has 4.85%.
- As of 11:40 p.m. with 303 of 402 precincts reporting, Cole has 33.9% of the vote, Bennett has 24.27% and Murillo has 17.7%. Dominguez has 6.79%, Abboud has 5.8% and Granados has 5.65%.
- As of 1:03 a.m. on March 4 with 334 of 402 precincts reporting, Cole has 32.63% of the vote, Bennett has 24.1% and Murillo has 17.8%. Dominguez has 6.88%, Abboud has 6.33% and Granados has 6.11%.
- As of 2:00 a.m. on March 4 with all precincts reporting, Cole has 32.15% of the vote, Bennett has 23.92% and Murillo has 17.87%. Dominguez has 6.92%, Abboud has 6.89% and Granados has 6.17%.
Vote by Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: Monique Limón (D) leads with 51.27% of the vote, Gary Michaels (R) follows with 44.03% and Anastasia Stone (NPP) with 4.49%.
- As of 10:25 p.m., Limón received 53.11% of the vote and Michaels received 41.81% with 12 precincts in the 19th District reporting. Stone has received 5.08% of the vote.
- With 403 of 623 precincts reporting, Limón has 53.93% of the vote and Michaels has 40.86%. As the top two vote-getters, Limón and Michaels will advance to a runoff in the November elections.
Vote by Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: Salud Carbajal (D) leads with 49.69% of the vote, with Andy Caldwell (R) following closely behind with 46.28%. Kenneth Young (NPP) has 3.8% of the mail-in ballot votes.
- Carbajal has 48.87% of the vote and Caldwell has 47.58% with 28 precincts reporting in the 24th District as of 10:26 p.m. Young has 3.55% of the vote.
- With 112 precincts reporting, Caldwell has 46.21% of the vote, while Carbajal has 50.18% of the vote. Carbajal and Caldwell, as the top two vote-getters, will advance to a runoff in the November election.
3rd District Supervisor:
Vote by Mail and Mailed Ballot Results: Joan Hartmann leads with 43.79% of the vote. Behind her are Bruce Porter with 43.34% and Karen Jones with 7.78%.
- With three precincts reporting within the 3rd district as of 10:00 p.m., Hartmann is leading with 45.51% of the vote, Porter with 41.85% and Jones with 7.51%.
- With four precincts reporting as of 10:30 p.m., Hartmann has 46.41% of the vote, Porter has 41.01% and Jones has 7.41%.
- With 10 of the 49 precincts reporting as of 11:15 p.m., Hartmann has 48.9% of the vote, Porter has 38.83% and Jones has 7.1%.
- With 21 of the 49 precincts reporting as of midnight, Hartmann has 51.77% of the vote, Porter has 35.81% and Jones has 6.8%.
- With 33 of the 49 precincts reporting as of 12:37 a.m. on March 4, Hartmann has 50.04% of the vote, Porter has 37.83% and Jones has 6.86%.
- With all precincts reporting as of 2:05 a.m. on March 4, Hartmann has 52.26% of the vote, Porter has 35.71% and Jones has 6.57%.