Among the many easily available dinner options in I.V., it can sometimes be hard to find a dinner that is light on your wallet as well as filling enough to stop late-night snacking. Fortunately, this recipe is not only a cheap meal, but also is endlessly flavorful and incredibly filling. This recipe takes 45 minutes in total and will give you a juicy, tangy chicken breast without breaking the bank over ingredients.

Shelby Guy / Daily Nexus

Ingredients:

• ½ cup breadcrumbs (Progresso Italian Style works best)
  • 1 packet of powdered ranch dressing (any brand will work)
  • 8 oz. of reduced-fat sour cream
  • 5 skinless chicken breasts

Directions:

• Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9×7 brownie sheet with non-stick spray (you can alternatively rub it down with olive oil if you do not have cooking spray).
  • Pour the ranch and breadcrumbs into a 5×5 brownie pan or an unused pie tin. Place the sour cream in a separate 5×5 pan or pie tin.
  • Place one chicken breast at a time in the sour cream, making sure to evenly coat the chicken breast. Then place it in the breading, tossing until completely coated. Repeat this for every chicken breast.
  • Place each breast on the prepared sheet, making sure to leave two inches of space between them. Place them in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the thickest part of the breast registers over 170 degrees Fahrenheit when a temperature probe is inserted.
  • Remove from the oven and let rest for one minute. Enjoy!

Tips:

• The chicken breast works well with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables or white rice if you are in a pinch.

Adapted from: pillsbury.com