Two women reported being sexually harassed at Portola Dining Commons in separate incidents by a man they did not know, according to a timely alert sent out to all UC Santa Barbara students Thursday night. 

Nexus File Photo 

During the first incident, which happened on July 15 around 8 a.m., a man reportedly walked up behind a woman and “pressed his body against her buttocks” and “touched her buttocks with his hand as she walked away,” according to the timely alert. 

The first victim could not provide a description of the man. 

In the second incident, another woman reported being touched the next day around 8 a.m. A man who she did not know also “walked up behind [her] and pressed his body against her buttocks without her consent.” 

Neither of the women are affiliated with UCSB. 

The second woman was able to provide a description of the suspect, who is said to be a white male between 17 and 18 years old. He is approximately 6 feet tall, has a “thinner build,” brown hair and was wearing a blue jacket at the time of the second incident. 

The UC Police Department asks that anyone with information relating to these crimes contact the department at 805-893-3446 or submit an anonymous report here. 

Evelyn Spence
Evelyn Spence harbors a great love for em dashes and runs on nothing but iced coffee, Jolly Ranchers and breaking news. She serves as the managing editor and can be reached at evelyn@dailynexus.com, managing@dailynexus.com or at @evelynrosesc on Twitter.