Sierra Deak / Daily Nexus

Pawsitively Perfect

Had a ruff week? Partied too hard on Friday night? Not a problem. Let your dog take over! This Saturday, the Isla Vista Recreation and Park District is hosting a “Bark Party” at the Sueno Bark Park. Stop by anytime from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., where you’ll have the opportunity to take part in a variety of contests, such as best dog owner-pet look alike and musical chairs, dog addition. This free event is sponsored by pet-friendly outlets C.A.R.E4Paws, PetSmart, Santa Barbara Humane Society and Goleta Airport Animal Hospital. All dogs are welcome, humans are optional.

Get Your Zen On

Looking to get into yoga but expensive class prices don’t work? Trying not to break the bank or your back? Eco Vista Community will be hosting their first ever yoga class in Pelican Park this Saturday at 10:30 a.m. If you’re a fitness fiend or even a yoga novice, come out and stretch your body while simultaneously growing your community connections! Don’t forget to bring a mat, or a blanket if you don’t have one. Yogis beware: actual seeds may be involved!

When In Doubt, Stretch It Out

Exhausted from the stresses of school? Destress with Yoga Isla Vista’s weekly candlelight flow class. Pop by their studio above Silvergreens for an escape from the stresses of everyday life and end your weekend strong. Set yourself up to finish the quarter in a stress-free and peaceful state of being. If you feel like engaging both your body and your mind, drop by the class this Sunday night from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Toga Party!

Isla Vista’s favorite (and only) annual toga party is back and better than ever! This Saturday, the best of I.V.’s local music scene will be playing a twelve-hour concert (yes you read that right)! The trek out to the edge of town is certainly worth it to dance to some head-banging tunes. Grab your bedsheets and fashion yourself a makeshift toga and get ready to jam out to Careless Cub, The Mallards, Delta Dagger, Odd Army and tons of other talented local bands. Located at 850 Camino Lindo, come make the most of your Saturday and forget about real clothes. Togas are cooler.

Sick Epic Party Concert

When you have the chance to see a concert for the same price of a Yerba Mate, you simply cannot pass it up. Help support the brothers of Sigma Eta Pi this Friday and rock the night away with an entire night of homegrown tunes. The Framers, Hoodwinker Sunfish, Buildclub, Closeout and ADL will be playing throughout the night, with exact set times available on Facebook. Tickets are $4 presale and $6 at the door. Be careful about your neck and ears or whichever gives out first you might not get them back after this awesomely-long night of music!