Sierra Deak / Daily Nexus

Spring Produce Tasting!

Take a break from drunk food this weekend and treat your body to the vitamins it deserves. Sponsored by the Isla Vista Food Co-op, located at 6575 Seville Road, you can take advantage of this scrumptious produce-tasting event anytime this Saturday from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. At the event, you’ll find a medley of fresh greens and delectable, locally-grown fruits. We know you don’t take a daily multivitamin, so please, eat an apple.

Free Yoga Series

Free yoga, sunshine and the stretch of a lifetime — all at your disposal thanks to this free yoga series sponsored by your Associated Students! The event will take place this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Pardall Center, located at 6550 Pardall Road. If you don’t have one, mats will be provided, but please bring your own if you do! All skill levels are welcome, so there’s no shame if you can’t touch those toes.

Lord of the Rings Marathon

If your type of marathon doesn’t involve sweat or running, then you’ve come to the right place. This Friday, Magic Lantern Films will be putting on a twelve-hour “Lord of The Rings” Marathon. The showing begins Friday at 7 a.m. and ends at 7 p.m. For only $4, patrons will have access to the entire series, as well as snacks and caffeinated beverages. If you’re okay with a sick stomach and sore eyes, you really must be a fan of Gollum — so don’t let him down! Show your support and let the world turn mystical around you for twelve hours straight (or as much as you can handle).

A version of this article appeared on page 3 of the April 18, 2019 edition of the Daily Nexus.