There will be no External Vice President for Statewide Affairs until the general Spring Quarter 2019 election, according to a statement released by Elections Board on its Facebook Thursday night.

Rachel Ng was the sole candidate in the race. Siavash Ghadiri / Daily Nexus

“The Associated Students Elections Board would like to thank everybody for participating in this quarter’s Special Election,” the board stated in the statement.

“The threshold was not met, thereby concluding this election.”

In order for the election to be valid, more than eight percent of all registered undergraduates would have had to vote. The board did not specify the exact percentage of students who voted, although Board Chair John Paul Renteria announced during Wednesday night’s Senate meeting that only approximately four percent, or 912 students, had voted as of that day.

There was only one candidate running in the election, fourth-year biological sciences and global studies double major Rachel Ng.

Ng ran on a platform of dealing with sexual assault policy, common sense gun control laws and reproductive justice.

Evelyn Spence is the county news editor at the Daily Nexus and can be reached at news@dailynexus.com or evelyn@dailynexus.com. 

Evelyn Spence
Evelyn Spence harbors a great love for em dashes and runs on nothing but iced coffee, Jolly Ranchers and breaking news. She serves as the managing editor and can be reached at evelyn@dailynexus.com, managing@dailynexus.com or at @evelynrosesc on Twitter.