Sierra Deak / Daily Nexus

Pass the Mic!

Speak your voice and express inner creativity at this open mic night hosted in collaboration by KCSB-FM and the Isla Vista Food Co-op. From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. this Saturday, all ages are welcome to present new works, old favorites and everything in between in front of friends and community members of I.V. If you feel like signing up early, you can email promotion@kcsb.org to get your name on the top of the list.

Fun and Festivities

The I.V. Open Market returns to Little Acorn Park to offer the community an open-air vendor market featuring local student artists and creators. Browse and buy everything from vintage clothing and jewelry to collectibles and artwork from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Saturday. Grab your friends and head down to the park to enjoy the good weather and fun festivities.

Furry Friends

We all know I.V. is home to some of the cutest doggos in existence. Even so, sometimes they still need a little help knowing how to behave. If you know a dog like this, bring that pupper on down to this free training event for dogs and dog owners in I.V. Certified dog trainer Jill Atamian Hall will lead this one-hour session from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. this Sunday at 6650 Sueno Rd. Take advantage of I.V.’s free services and give that dog some guidance.

Nightmare on Sueno

Get ready to rock before the noise ordinances start! This Friday, Isla Vista’s own Noise Complaint and Odd Army are performing back-to-back for a Nightmare on Sueno concert on 6666 Sueno Rd. Odd Army will be starting the night off with a performance from 9:30 p.m. to 10:20 p.m., followed by Noise Complaint, who will be bringing the house down from 10:30 p.m. to 12 a.m. Come dressed up in your Halloween costume and be prepared for a night of dancing, great music, chills and thrills!

Clean Up, BEACHES!

This Sunday, UCSB’s Health Environment Animal Rights (H.E.A.R.) organization is hosting a beach cleanup at Sands Beach at Coal Oil Point from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Materials will be provided by the club, and it is encouraged that you bring your friends! The cleanup crew will be meeting by the bike racks above Sands Beach and will reconvene after the event for a free picnic put on by H.E.A.R.! There is no better way to spend a sunny Sunday than to go to the beach and give back to your community, so come on out to Sands Beach for an afternoon of fun!

Free Films

A.S. Program Board proudly presents Free Tuesday Films of Fall 2018! This Tuesday they are showing “Mission: Impossible – Fallout” at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Showings are held at I.V. Theater at 960 Embarcadero Del Norte. UC Santa Barbara ACCESS Cards are required for entry. Bring a friend and be prepared for a night of excitement and incredible stunts by Tom Cruise.