Sierra Deak / Daily Nexus

SURF AND SUNSHINE

Isla Vista Surfrider will host its 19th annual Concert for the Coast on Saturday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Anisq’Oyo Park. The event is free for all ages and will feature musical artists including Cydeways, Pookie and Matt Perko and Friends. The music will be accompanied by a variety of local vendors and organizations, including Santa Barbara Woodfire Catering, Isla Vista Trading Post and Spindtseaglass Jewelry. The event also includes a raffle with prizes such as Slightly Stoopid tickets or a Patagonia wetsuit. A fundraiser will be held at Woodstock’s Pizza in Isla Vista from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. and the proceeds will be donated to the Environmental Defense Center.

GROOVY GARAGE

This Friday, prepare to swap your crop tops and button downs for tie-dye shirts and bell-bottom pants. Le Garage in Isla Vista is hosting a groovy house show for party-goers to enjoy some local bands. Kicking off the show at 9 p.m. is rock band Idle Riot, follow by Coffin at 10 p.m. and rock band Odd Army at 11 p.m. Stop by 6775 Sueno Road for some ’70s fun.

CLEAN UP, CLEAN UP, EVERYBODY CLEAN UP!

Isla Vista Surfrider is hosting a beach cleanup at Campus Point on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Adopt-A-Block at the Isla Vista Recreation and Parks District will provide equipment to all participants. Come and give back to I.V. by keeping the beaches clean!

BAKED

For those of you who are “baking inclined,” the Isla Vista Food Co-op’s Spring Bake Off on Friday, May 11, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. provides to perfect opportunity to show off your skills in the kitchen. Bakers’ creations will be judged on a set of three categories, which includes “Most Creative,” “Best Vegan Dessert” and “Top Choice.” Participating bakers will receive a $5 Co-Op gift card and the top three winners will receive $30 Co-Op gift cards. Those who prefer tasting to baking can participate as a judge in the contest and vote for their favorite desserts for each category. This bake-off takes place at the Co-op at 6575 Seville Road.

YERBA, CHEETOS AND FABULOUS MUSIC

Come to Storke Plaza on Thursday for free Yerba Mate drinks, Flaming Hot Cheetos and fabulous music by Clairo hosted by the A.S. Program Board. The performance will happen from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. This 19 year old singer/songwriter based in Boston is scheduled to perform at Blurry Vision and will go on tour with Dua Lipa! She has opened for Tyler, the Creator, BROCKHAMPTON, Steve Lacy and TACO in L.A. Swing by for some awesome music and good vibes.

LORD OF THE RINGS, RINGS, RINGS

Magic Lanterns Films will be hold a Lord of the Rings trilogy on Friday, from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. The films, directed by Peter Jackson, feature Orlando Bloom, Elijah Wood and Ian McKellen as they travel around Middle Earth. The first movie, titled “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring,” earned $871.5 million when it was in the box office in 2001 and adapts J. R. R. Tolkien’s trilogy of classic fantasy novels.

MOVIE MONDAY!

Magic Lantern Films will be showing a double feature on Monday night: “Call Me By Your Name” at 7 p.m. and “It” at 10 p.m. “It” takes a darker turn within the horror genre, focusing on a clown who taunts several outcasts during one horrifying summer. “Call Me By Your Name” takes a light turn, featuring Armie Hammer and Timothée Chalamet as Oliver and Elio, respectively as the two develop a romantic relationship over the course of a summer in Italy.

A version of this article appeared on p.3 of the May 10 print edition of the Daily Nexus.