SUCCULENTS
Santa Barbara Hillel will be hosting a Paint N’ Plant event to celebrate the Tu B’Shevat holiday. Attendees may paint pots and sow seeds this Thursday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at 781 Embarcadero Del Mar.

ANTI-VALENTINE
Improvability will be hosting a double late-night improv comedy show on Friday. The first show is at 8 p.m. and doors open at 7:45 p.m. The second show is at 10 p.m. Tickets are $3 for the 8 p.m. show and $2 for the 10 p.m. show. The 10 p.m. performance is free to those who attend the 8 p.m. show.

TO SPEAK FOR THE TREES
Your Children’s Trees will be maintaining a coastal oak forest at Coal Oil Point Reserve from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday. Organizers advise that interested volunteers bring water and wear closed-toe shoes and long pants. Biking to the reserve is also recommended.

BFOM
Brothas From Otha Mothas, UCSB’s all-male a cappella group, has a concert on Saturday at I.V. Theater from 8 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $5 at the door, and a portion of the proceeds will be going toward Camp Kesem, an organization that provides free summer camp programs to children whose parents have been affected by cancer.

LARPING FOR A CURE
Students can gather this weekend at Dog Shit Park to participate in live action role-playing (LARP), in which attendees beat each other up with foam-covered PVC pipes to raise money for Lymphoma research. The event will take place this Sunday at Dog Shit Park from 12 to 4 p.m. Organizers suggest bringing a $3 donation and a padded weapon.

DIY Valentine
The Isla Vista Food Co-op will be making Valentine’s gifts by hand. Join the Co-op as they hand-press flowers. Food will be provided for craft makers. The Co-op suggests donating $5 to participate, which will be donated to Supply & Create, a group that donates new and used art supplies to programs that need them, including the Boys & Girls Club. The event will be hosted at I.V. Food Co-op on Sunday from 12 to 2 p.m.

TALK OF THE TOWN
The UCSB Environmental Affairs Board (EAB) will host a “Talk, Tour, Taste” at the I.V. Food Co-op from 4 to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Attendees will join EAB members as they walk through the grocery store and sample various food merchandise.

VEGAN
A local nonprofit called Food Not Bombs will serve free vegan food at 5 p.m. this Sunday in Little Acorn Park (next to Bagel Café). Those interested in cooking can email organizers at foodnotbombsislavista@gmail.com. The dinner is regularly held every Sunday.

ALONE ON VALENTINE’S DAY?
Associated Students (A.S.) Program Board will be screening “The Edge of Seventeen” at I.V. Theater on Tuesday, Valentine’s Day, from 7 to 10 p.m. Admission to this coming-of-age film is free with an access card.

FREE FOOD
As part of its Gaucho Food Program, the Isla Vista Tenants Union and the I.V. Food Co-op will be tabling outside the Pardall Center on Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to give away free food to UCSB students. This food giveaway is held every Wednesday.

A version of this story appeared on p.3 of the Thursday, Feb. 9, edition of the Daily Nexus.