The UCSB men’s tennis team will be back in action this weekend for the first time since Saturday, Jan. 21, as it will travel to Stockton to face the University of Pacific this Saturday.

The Gauchos are currently 2-1 this season following its 5-2 loss to then No. 7 UCLA. Coming off a loss is never a great feeling, but the team still holds an elite doubles play and formidable singles matchups.

Cody Rakela jumps to send the ball back over the net. Christina DeMarzo / Daily Nexus

Much was learned after this meet and coming off a two-week break, the team was certain to improve during practice for their upcoming meet.

As for the Pacific Tigers, they hold a 4-2 overall record on the season. They maintain great momentum as they come off a clean sweep in a three-team meet with scores of 6-0 over Hawaii and 7-0 over Portland State.

Pacific will enter Saturday’s match well rested as the Tigers’ scheduled Tuesday matchup against Fresno State was postponed due to caution of inclement weather.

As the tennis season continues to unfurl, much can be analyzed by the Gauchos’ dual season campaign based on last month’s performances alone.

On Jan. 14, for the first dual meet of the season, UCSB bested the San Diego State Aztecs with a score of 7-0. The final score may not paint the entire picture, considering the Aztecs put up many close sets but eventually fell to the Gauchos.

The following day, on Jan. 15 the Gauchos replicated their hard work and also routed, the home favorites, Hawaii University.

To recap the Tigers’ January results, they went 2-2 overall. On Jan. 14, they stayed at home as they hosted UC Davis. With two victories in a double meet against UC Davis, the Tigers swept the weekend with final scores of 4-3.

Then, on Jan. 28, they traveled away to Fort Worth, Texas for the ITA Kick-Off Weekend event. Here they faced TCU and were swept with a final score of 0-4. They tried to bounce back the following day, but to no avail, as they just dropped the meet at a score of 3-4.

Both teams are great on paper, and will be sure to put up a great meet this weekend; as the Gauchos will look to return to their winning ways and the Tigers will look to assert their dominance during regular season play.

The Gauchos will travel away from home, this Saturday, Feb. 11, to face off against the Pacific Tigers at 1 p.m.