VEGAN
A local nonprofit called Food Not Bombs will serve free vegan food at 5 p.m. this Sunday in Little Acorn Park (next to Bagel Cafe). Those interested in cooking can email organizers at foodnotbombsislavista@gmail.com. The dinner is regularly held every Sunday.

TO SPEAK FOR THE TREES
Your Children’s Trees will be maintaining a coastal oak forest at Coal Oil Point Reserve from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday. Organizers advise that interested volunteers bring water and wear closed-toe shoes and long pants. Biking to the reserve is also recommended.

PARK IT HERE
The Isla Vista Recreation & Park District (IVRPD) board of directors will be meeting 6–8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 9, in the IVRPD building next to the I.V. Food Co-op. The board of directors regularly meets on the second Thursday of every month. The board will be discussing available grants and their corresponding projects.

I.V. COMMUNITY NETWORK
The Isla Vista Community Network will be holding a meeting next Thursday, Feb. 9, at the I.V. Clinic building. The meeting will run from 11:45 a.m.–1:15 p.m., and lunch will be provided. Stakeholders involved in I.V. — heads of local nonprofit organizations, volunteers, long-term residents, students, county representatives and Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers — will update one another on the status of their respective groups as they relate to the community. I.V. Community Network meetings are regularly held on the second Thursday of every month.

JAM AND JAMS
Two 11- and 12-year-old pianists will be playing classical music at the Camino Real Marketplace Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., where the Goleta Farmer’s Market will also be held. Eat some jam while listening to classical jams.

SLOW SUNDAY
Arrow Yoga will be holding a Sunday morning slow flow yoga class from 10–11 a.m. at Yoga Isla Vista on 900 Embarcadero del Mar. Come stretch your limbs at Yoga Isla Vista.

TOWN HALL AT BIKO + ALLYSHIP TRAINING
There will be a Community Town Hall in response to President Trump’s travel ban at the Biko Co-op on 6612 Sueno Rd., Monday, Feb. 6, from 6–9 p.m. The event will be hosted by the A.S. Student Commission on Racial Equality and will focus on providing training for people who wish to be allies for those affected by the current immigration and travel ban of several countries in the Middle East.

DEMOCRATIC TRIVIA
Campus Democrats of UCSB will be holding a trivia night at Woodstock’s on 928 Embarcadero del Norte next Tuesday from 7–9 p.m.

ZEN MEDITATION
Come meditate at St. Michael’s University Church next Wednesday. The event starts at 5:10 p.m. and is regularly held every Wednesday at 6586 Picasso Rd.

A version of this story appeared on p. 3 of the Thursday, February 2, 2017 print edition of the Daily Nexus.