Marisa Ratchford / Daily Nexus

Marisa Ratchford / Daily Nexus

Sometimes in life all you want is a goddamn piece of pizza, but you know that all that pepperoni, oil and cheese is just no good for you. So, for those conflicting cravings, I have a perfect pizza recipe to satiate the pizza gremlin within each and every one of you. Of course, in order for you to eat this pizza guilt-free, you have to remove some of the traditional aspects from the image of pizza you hold near and dear. This pizza combines potatoes, onions and sour cream into a delightful combination that’ll give you something to feel filled with supremacy above all your friends who have given in to the sinful cravings of a gluttonous gooey slice at Gio’s. Be sure to take an insta pic and caption it #detoxtoretox.

6 small red potatoes
½ yellow onion
Thyme
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mozzarella cheese
3 cups flour
Salt to taste (about a tsp)
1 tsp sugar
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
4 tbsp olive oil

Combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Add the warm water and 2 tbsp of olive oil to the mixture and combine thoroughly. Knead the dough and then roll out into a rectangular shape. Use the remaining olive oil to spread along a baking sheet and place the dough on top. Place in a preheated 400° F oven for about 5 minutes or until it begins to brown.
Thinly slice the potatoes and onions. Spoon half of the sour cream onto the top of the browned dough. Layer the potatoes and onions and cheese on top and sprinkle with thyme.
Place in oven at 425° F for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are cooked and cheese is melted.
Serve warm with a dollop from the remaining chilled sour cream. Enjoy!