Bernie Sanders pulled off another big win on April 5 in Wisconsin with 57 percent of the popular vote to close the gap between himself and Clinton. Bernie earned 48 total elected delegates while Clinton lagged behind with only 38. Bernie’s current elected delegate count is 1,088 and Hillary’s count is at 1,302. That is a difference of 214 elected delegates, and there are 1,661 elected delegates remaining. This is going to continue to be a race to the finish, unless Hillary Clinton chooses to concede again like she did to Obama in 2008. Bernie Sanders has said that he will continue to debate and to push his plans and proposals until the Democratic National Convention in July. It is there and only there that the super delegates will get to formally cast their vote. This will continue to be a race for elected delegates until the convention in July. So, let us take a closer look at what Bernie did right on Tuesday and what the upcoming lineup will be.

Bernie Sanders has said that he will continue to debate and to push his plans and proposals until the Democratic National Convention in July.

We saw on April 5 that Bernie’s campaign is positioning itself perfectly as each state approaches in the Democratic primary. If we look at each state in the upcoming primary race, we can notice that in some of these states Bernie Sanders was down (past tense) by fair margins. This is generally the case a few weeks leading up to the primary date of any state. If we look at Pennsylvania, for example, Bernie was down by more than 30 points in that state several months ago. However, as the dates draw closer, Bernie begins to campaign hard, get his political message out, air TV ads and everything else campaigning involves. Now, with roughly three weeks until the Pennsylvania primary, Bernie Sanders is only six points down. You better believe that as the date draws nearer, Bernie Sanders will overcome Hillary Clinton to win big in a state with 189 delegates.

The states with the most delegates up for grabs are states like Maryland, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Oregon, New Jersey and, of course, California. Bernie Sanders is closing the gap in all of these states, if not winning in them. Maryland has 95 delegates, Pennsylvania has 189, Indiana has 83, Oregon has 61, New Jersey has 126 and our big, beautiful blue state of California has 475 elected delegates to distribute. Of these states, only about half of them have any sort of accurate poll to follow the Democratic primary race. This is because some of these states’ primaries do not take place until late in April or early in May. The candidates are just now positioning themselves in these states with TV ads, radio talks, promotional videos, campaigning and canvassing in those areas. As the dates draw closer, we will be updated with more recent polls collected by data pools.

Bernie Sanders is only six points down. You better believe that as the date draws nearer, Bernie Sanders will overcome Hillary Clinton to win big in a state with 189 delegates.

As the dates for these final primary states draw closer, UCSB For Bernie needs your help! We are beginning to heavily pour our resources into canvassing, phone banking, voter registration, events and all sorts of other fun activities this quarter. If you are looking for a way to get involved but do not know how, please, please, please contact us. We currently have a staff (unpaid) of about 11, with two contracted interns and well over 900 members online. We have been growing tremendously and expect to do so until July. Like us on Facebook, check out our upcoming events, come phone bank or canvass with us and get involved. This really is a very special election and will be remembered as such. Come join the political revolution today!

We have an event on Monday, April 11 12-2 p.m. in the State Street Room of the University Center (UCEN). There will be speakers from UCSB’s labor studies department as well as labor historians from around the country speaking about higher education.

Riley Brann and UCSB For Bernie are ramping up efforts for Bernie Sanders to become the fairly elected Democratic Presidential Nominee for the 2016 Presidential Race. They hope you will join the political revolution today!