Love is in the air as Valentine’s Day quickly approaches. For those who don’t have a significant other at the moment, this time of year can leave you feeling lonely and left out. Don’t worry; Valentine’s Day is about more than just having a significant other. It has often been said that you should love yourself before loving another person, so follow this motto and put yourself first. What better way to do that than enjoy some great food? If you don’t have that special someone yet, treat yourself to some delicious food, because you deserve it and food will always love you back. Get your tastiest ingredients together, get some good music playing in the kitchen and cook up a meal worth remembering. Feel the love this Valentine’s Day with some of these great dish.

popsugar.com

popsugar.com

Valentine’s Pancakes

Start the day off right by mixing up your regular pancakes. Add some red food coloring to your pancake mix and cook them in heart shapes to get festive. You can also add some strawberries or cut some bananas in the shape of hearts to compliment the pancakes. Make them even sweeter by trying a strawberry cream sauce drizzled on top. To make the sauce, simply purée or blend strawberries (you can use frozen ones) and mix together with vanilla yogurt. Drizzle the sauce over the pancakes and top them off with some sliced strawberries or other fruit and chocolate.

delish.com

delish.com

Homemade Pizza

Making your own pizza can be both fun and delicious. It’s simple, easy, fast and allows you to get creative and incorporate everything that you like! Try going a different and easier route by using a flat pita in place of the dough. Brush both sides with some olive oil and fry each side of the pita on medium-high heat for about 45 seconds or until crispy. The rest is up to you. Spread some bruschetta on one side of the pizza, then add some mozzarella and any toppings you want. Some ideas are cooked spicy Italian sausage, crispy bacon, pepperoni and sautéed and seasoned vegetables. Once all the toppings have been added, heat the oven to high and broil for one to two minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove and enjoy your creation! Pro of being single: you get the whole pizza to yourself.

pinterest.com

pinterest.com

Valentine Blondie Bars

One of the best parts of Valentine’s Day is indulging in all the great sweet treats. These Valentine Blondie Bars combine all the tasty goodness of vanilla, brown sugar and chocolate. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan. Heat butter and brown sugar, stir, then let cool. Add in eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add half the chocolate chips and half the M&Ms, then stir. Pour the mix into the pan and then add the remaining chocolate chips and M&Ms. Bake for 25-30 minutes, let cool and cut into bars. Enjoy.

Ingredients:

• 2/3 cup butter
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4  tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup Valentine M&M’s