Courtesy of themusicninja.com

Courtesy of themusicninja.com

While there is so much music that enters this world, very few of the artists behind the music get the recognition that they deserve. XYLO is a pair of the numerous musicians rising from the shadows, giving people another reason to believe in music yet again. The dynamic duo is made up of brother and sister Chase and Paige Duddy, and their recent artistic take-off is one that people are going to look back on and wish they had experienced. XYLO will be taking the stage at Velvet Jones on Saturday, Jan. 23, 2016 accompanied by FMLYBND, and I highly recommend this show to anyone looking for a night filled with good food, good vibes and some of the best music you have ever heard before.

There is no denying that Paige Duddy is in possession of a soulful voice that any other artist could never attempt to match. One could compare their sound to that of The XX or MS MR, but in reality, there is no mistaking XYLO’s unique character for anyone else. Songs like “Afterlife,” “Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea” and “America” are all beautifully crafted, and everything about them makes it easy for you to find yourself suddenly drowning in their words. Every song takes on a form of its own, and its characteristics are so overwhelming that it will make it hard for anyone to just casually listen to them. In addition to their vocals, their electric sound combinations are a great reason why this duo is so successful. Rather than falling into any particular genre, they have discovered a genre of their own — one that can neither be matched nor duplicated because it seems as if it was crafted from the heart.

Everything about XYLO spells revolutionary. It is easy to tell that Chase and Paige put their heart into every one of their creations, which is why I do not doubt their live performance will feel every bit like a dream. If listening to them alone is able to create such an uncontrollable feeling, I am certain they will leave their mark at Velvet Jones after taking the stage. Stepping inside Velvet Jones itself is a reason for anyone to be in a good mood, but stepping inside Velvet Jones and knowing you are going to be blessed with the presence of this extraordinary pair will make it a night to remember before the night even begins. You do not want this to be one of the shows that you “wished you would have gone to.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pryb1VugJq4