1456763_10152153038379879_1125226773_nThis weekend, a UCSB Police Department officer was injured while attempting to subdue a suspect resisting arrest.

According to Isla Vista Foot Patrol spokesperson Kelly Hoover, the suspect was under the influence of the hallucinogenic drug LSD and injured the officer who reached in to stop him.

Online UCPD crime logs from this past weekend indicate only one incident of resisting arrest, which began at the UCen at 11:02 p.m. on Friday and concluded at 11:47 p.m.

Hoover said UCPD is currently investigating the attempted rape that took place Saturday on Sabado Tarde Road. According to a UCPD alert, the “suspect is described as a college aged white male, 5 ft 7, thin build, with short auburn hair wearing a black sweatshirt and black pants” and was last seen on Del Playa Drive. However, because it is an ongoing investigation, no further details were shared.

According to Hoover, officials have encountered more cases of underage drinking and resisting law enforcement than in previous years.

“We are beginning to see locals participating in alcohol related violations and resisting law enforcement,” Hoover said in an email.

The online UCPD crime logs reported numerous arrests for alcohol or drug related incidents this weekend, including nine public intoxication arrests, two DUI arrests and one citation for a minor in possession of marijuana.

“We want to remind everyone that law enforcement is here to protect and serve the community,” Hoover said in an email, “and we need everyone’s help to keep IV safe.”

Citations were also issued and arrests made for incidents of assault and battery, fraud, petty theft and embezzlement.