Along with protests against newly-elected UC president Janet Napolitano, the UC Board of Regents meeting that took place yesterday at the Conference Center in UC San Francisco Mission Bay featured discussion of various issues currently affecting UC campuses, such as the role of information technology services.

With live video streaming available for each open session, yesterday’s meeting began at 1:30 p.m. and went through items including annual reports on ethics and compliance, internal audit activities and strategic updates on information technology services. During the 3 p.m. session with the Committee on Grounds and Buildings, the board discussed capital program priorities listed in the 2013-2023 Capital Financial Plan — which included the replacement of the existing Campbell Hall facility that seats 860 people, and is UCSB’s largest lecture hall, with a new Campbell Hall building. Napolitano was not present for the public comment session of the meeting, when many students addressed the Board with concerns surrounding the former Secretary of Homeland Security’s appointment as University president.

Today’s meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m., with remarks from the Chairman of the Board, the President of the University and the Chair of the Academic Senate, in addition to a public comment session. At 9:30 a.m., the Committee on Educational Policy will discuss scope, finance and maintenance of competitiveness, as well as other topics within doctoral education. There will also be a 2012-2013 annual report on University private support, followed by a Committee on Oversight of the Department of Energy (DOE) Laboratories, which will provide updates on activities of the three UC campuses affiliated with DOE National Laboratories.

There will be closed or special sessions for the Committee of Compensation, the Committee of Health Services, the Committee of Finance and the Committee on Investments.

Tomorrow’s meeting will begin again at 8:30 a.m., with discussion topics ranging from approval of individual compensation to approval of the UC 2014-2015 budget for current operations and 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 budgets for state capital improvements.

For more information, visit the Board of Regents website at regents.universityofcalifornia.edu/meetings and tune into the live video streaming of the open sessions.

A version of this article appeared on page 1 of November 13, 2013’s print edition of the Daily Nexus.