Last week, Santa Barbra police officials made three different arrests for large-scale drug charges, with one arrest involving a Santa Barbara City College student found to be in possession of one pound of MDMA — a drug chemically consistent with ecstasy that is also known as “Molly”.

19-year-old Isla Vista resident Joshua Steinhorn was arrested at his apartment for possessing roughly $45,000 worth of MDMA. Steinhorn is being charged with possession of a controlled substance for sale, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Santa Barbara County police officials also arrested two Santa Barbara residents for possession of half an ounce of heroin, which holds an estimated street value of $1,500. One of the suspects, 29-year-old Donald Windsor, was charged with possession of a controlled substance, transportation of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia while 25-year-old Cassidy Morse was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.

Although Steinhorn was initially booked into Santa Barbara County with his bail set at $30,000, he was released on March 22 and is expected to appear in court again on April 25. Both Windsor and Morse are being held at Santa Barbara County jail, with Windor’s bail set at $35,000. Morses’s bail is set at $2,500, although he is not currently eligible for bail as he had an active felony warrant for his arrest at the time of the incident.

— Staff report

A version of this article appeared on page 1 of April 3rd, 2013’s print edition of the Nexus