Over this past weekend, Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers responded to several alcohol-related incidents and five reported burglaries.

Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy said three burglaries occurred on Saturday night alone, with some of the incidents occurring in unlocked residences.

The first burglary occurred on the 6600 block of El Colegio Road and the suspect allegedly entered the home while the resident was still asleep inside, Vuillemainroy said.

“The victim was sleeping on his couch when an unknown suspect entered his residence through an unlocked front door and took his wallet, which was lying on a nearby coffee table,” Vuillemainroy said. “The investigation is ongoing.”

That same night, another burglary occurred on the 6700 block of Trigo Road during which a victim’s computer was stolen. This incident is also still under investigation, according to Vuillemainroy.

“An unknown suspect entered the victim’s residence and took her Apple Pro MacBook laptop,” Vuillemainroy said.

Vuillemainroy said a third burglary took place on the 6700 block of Sueno Road, in which a suspect actually forced his way into the home, Vuillemainroy said.

“An unknown suspect cut a victim window’s bedroom screen,” Vuillemainroy said. “[He] reached through and took the victim’s laptop.”

Vuillemainroy said Isla Vista residents should routinely lock their windows and doors to stop burglaries from occurring.

Deputies also managed a number of alcohol-related crimes, citing 10 people for minor in possession and five for open containers, while arresting nine people for public intoxication.

A version of this article appeared on page 1 of February 20th 2013’s print edition of the Daily Nexus.