The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to a series of burglaries along with several alcohol-related incidents over the weekend.

According to IVFP Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, a burglary occurred on the 6600 block of Sabado Tarde on Friday at 4:10 p.m. Suspects entered the residence through an unlocked front door and stole two laptop computers. While the Sabado Tarde burglary was still under investigation, another burglary occurred on the 6700 block of Del Playa Drive.

“During a party at her residence, a suspect entered the victim’s bedroom and stole a laptop,” Vuillemainroy said. “The victim did not realize her laptop was missing until the next morning. The investigation is continuing.”

A third robbery was reported early Sunday morning at 3:53 a.m. on the 6500 block of El Greco Road, Vuillemainroy said. The suspect entered the victim’s apartment through an unlocked bathroom window and stole a projector, a PlayStation 3, a laptop and a desktop computer.

IVFP also successfully caught and detained SBCC student Oliver Lim on the 6500 block of Del Playa Drive Sunday morning at around 1:15 a.m., after Lim allegedly robbed a residence on the street.

Vuillemainroy emphasized that it is of the utmost importance that students lock all windows and doors, as nearly all successful burglaries have been break-ins through unsecured entrances. He said that there has been a noticeable rise in Isla Vista burglaries recently.

“This week there were more burglaries than last week,” Vuillemainroy said. “It has increased and I will be putting out foot patrols targeting the activity.”

IVFP also responded to several alcohol-related incidents — 12 people received citations for minors in possession of alcohol, five people received citations for open containers in public, two people received citations for excessive noise violations and seven people were arrested for being drunk in public, according to Vuillemainroy.

A version of this article appeared on page 1 of January 29th, 2013’s print edition of the Nexus.