UCSB Arts & Lectures will host award-winning film-maker and photographer Mattias Klum in the debut of its new series, “National Geographic Live” this Sunday at 3 lp.m. in Campbell Hall. Klum’s talk, entitled “The Last Wild Places,” will focus on promoting sustainability and environmental awareness by showcasing footage from his latest expeditions in places like Africa, Iceland and Southeast Asia. His book, The Human Quest, will also be available for purchase and sign- ing after the talk.

An avid conservationist, Klum said he aims to expose people to awe-inspiring natural views in order to highlight the need to protect the environment.

“Thoughtfulness begins with seeing,” Klum said. “My job as a photographer is to make that seeing easier. What we appreciate, what fascinates us, we will strive to preserve.”

In addition to being published in National Geographic, Klum’s work has been featured in Wildlife Conservation and The New York Times. He has also authored 11 books.

Following “The Last Wild Places,” UCSB Arts & Lectures will continue to host “National Geographic Live” at Campbell Hall, featuring talks from photographer Annie Griffiths, polar explorer Børge Ousland and underwater photographer Brian Skerry.

“The Last Wild Places” starts at 3 p.m. in Campbell Hall. Tickets are $20 for the general public, $15 for UCSB students and those under 18 and can be purchased on the UCSB Arts & Lectures website.