Just when everyone was ready to discount the New York Giants as legitimate contenders, they make a statement showing they are still one of the most dangerous teams in the NFL. That statement came on Sunday night when they defeated the Green Bay Packers 38-10. After losing two straight, the Giants came out of their bye week and absolutely destroyed the Packers with a strong defensive performance and a balanced and dangerous offensive game plan. While the Packers were missing several players due to injury, the Giants win was impressive nonetheless.

With a 7-4 record on the year, New York holds a two game lead in the NFC East and seems poised to enter the postseason in full gear. It is doubtful that they will win back-to-back titles, but if the last several years have taught NFL fans anything, it’s never count out Eli Manning and the Giants.

The road won’t be easy, however, as the Giants must still play the Redskins, Saints, Falcons and Ravens this season. Aside from a week 17 game against Philadelphia, the Giants could potentially lose every one of those games. But this is the New York Giants. Tom Coughlin has proven year after year that his team will be ready to play come the postseason. Another team seemingly on the rise is the San

Francisco 49ers, which has won four of five games. Head Coach Jim Harbaugh announced second year player Colin Kaepernick will once again start at quarterback for the 49ers on Sunday against the Rams.

Former starter Alex Smith was injured last time out against the Rams, which gave Kaepernick the opportunity to impress with his multi-dimensional game. While he was unable to rally the 49ers to victory in week 10 when San Francisco tied the Rams, Kaepernick has led the ‘Niners to consecutive victories over the Bears and Saints.

Harbaugh’s move to switch quarterbacks may be seen as risky considering the playoffs are only six weeks away, but Harbaugh has succeeded at every level he has coached and there is no reason to start doubting him now. It’s up to Kaepernick to prove his coach right and grasp this opportunity to lead one of the NFL’s premier franchises.

Pickups of the Week:

Bryce Brown, Running Back, Philadelphia

Brown exploded for 178 yards and two touchdowns in his first start Monday night against Carolina. While the

Panthers certainly aren’t the best at defending the run, you certainly cannot discount the level of production by Brown.

The Eagles face Dallas this next Sunday, so Brown will certainly have another opportunity to post big numbers this week. He may be unknown and unproven, and a bit of risk comes in that, but Brown can certainly be a valuable addition with fantasy playoffs arriving. He is a must-add in all leagues for this week.

Knowshown Moreno, Running Back, Denver

Moreno was a surprise starter last week, receiving an opportunity after Willis McGahee’s injury knocked him out for the remainder of the regular season. While Ronnie Hillman was expected to be the new featured back, Moreno received the majority of the carries with 85 yards on 20 carries.

He also hauled in four catches for 26 yards. Denver faces an up and coming Tampa Bay team this week, but they can run the ball, so if Moreno continues to be the featured back, he will certainly be productive, both on the field and for your fantasy team. He is a low-end starter but solid bench option this week.