Over the weekend, thousands of partygoers and roughly 200 law enforcement officials crowded the streets of Isla Vista in what Playboy magazine once called the “biggest college party in America.”

As Halloween festivities descended upon I.V., Friday night celebrations saw a reported 85 arrests, 56 citations and at least 18 people transported to the hospital; statistics for Saturday night have yet to be released. Though law enforcement officials suspect that the bulk of the action took place this past weekend, heightened security measures will remain in place through next Sunday.

While official attendance estimates have yet to be released, many students felt the streets were less crowded than in years past. A.S. External Vice President of Local Affairs Rhandy Siordia said attendance likely did not reach anywhere near last year’s numbers, judging from the smaller crowds and availability of parking.

“I think there were definitely less people this year than last year,” Siordia said. “Last year, we had about 20,000 and I don’t think we had near that many people.”

Last Friday, the Isla Vista Foot Patrol began enforcing a noise ordinance restricting loud music after 6 p.m.; the ordinance will remain in place until Nov. 4. UCSB administration also made a concentrated effort to discourage out-of-towners from visiting Isla Vista through advertisements about keeping the event ‘local’ as well as communication with administrators at other campuses, resulting in letters that warned students of the celebration’s potential dangers.