The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office identified the bodies of two Goleta residents killed in an alleged homicide-suicide on Friday morning.

Deputies received two 911 calls from an apartment building in the Camino De Vina area reporting a stabbing attempt by a male suspect at approximately 2:32 a.m. on Friday. Officers discovered 23-year-old Heidi Nicole Hubrecht, a UCSB alumna, and her former boyfriend Luis Avila DeDios dead upon arriving at the scene.

Hubrecht attended Temescal Canyon High School and graduated from UCSB in 2011 with a B.A. in cultural anthropology.

According to an SBCSO release, the pair dated for about a year and a half before recently ending their relationship. Investigators believe DeDios waited at the residency and attacked Hubrecht and her 21-year-old female roommate with a hunting knife before turning the weapon on himself.

The roommate survived the attack and was taken to the hospital with several lacerations. Another unidentified 23-year-old female roommate was asleep inside the apartment and did not witness the attack.

SBCSO Public Information Officer Drew Sugars said detectives conducted a thorough investigation of the crime scene, and forensics teams were reportedly at the building for roughly 10 hours. The Coroner’s Bureau will release a final autopsy in several weeks after toxicology reports are completed.