Thousands of partygoers flooded Isla Vista’s streets on Saturday to soak up the suds and sunrays during Spring Quarter’s annual Deltopia revelry.

An estimated 12,000 to 15,000 people participated in the celebration this year, resulting in 70 citations, 26 medical calls — 14 requiring transportation to the hospital — and 15 arrests in mostly alcohol-related incidents. County authorities began closing coastal access points and increasing law enforcement last year in response to the environmental damage and $20,000 in cleanup costs accrued during the 2009 Floatopia festivities.

According to I.V. Foot Patrol Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, partygoers maintained the yearly tradition within legal boundaries.

“This Deltopia was definitely bigger and drew upon our Sheriff’s resources, but students complied with the beach closure and no major incidents occurred,” Vullemainroy said.

However, Vuillemainroy said officers responded to a significant increase in theft.

“We had nine burglaries in Isla Vista this weekend,” Vuillemainroy said. “That’s a lot. I’m just reminding the students to lock their doors and windows because many times the suspects are entering the residencies while the residents are out partying.”