The Superior Court of Alameda County issued stay-away orders to the protesters arrested during a Nov. 9 Occupy Cal demonstrations, barring the individuals from loitering on the UC Berkeley campus.

The court issued the orders last month to 12 of the 39 protesters detained during the rally, requiring them to remain at least 100 yards away from the campus with the exception of attending class or work-related activities. Berkeley students Joshua Anderson, Zakary Habash, Jasper Bernes and BAMN organizer Yvette Felarca were exonerated Monday after a meeting between legal representatives for activist organization By Any Means Necessary — who contended the sentences were unconstitutional — and Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O’Malley.

The BAMN attorneys’ briefing claimed the orders established a legal precedent that conflicted with the First Amendment right to free speech.

Alameda County Deputy District Attorney Teresa Drenick said the court rightfully lifted the four orders and will handle the remaining eight individually.

A press conference was held Monday on the Berkeley campus in celebration of the lifted orders with representatives from a number of activist groups including Students for a Democratic University, the Defend Affirmative Action Party and CalSERVE.