The UCSB swim and dive team completed its final road trip of the season this weekend, sweeping Pacific on Friday and beating women’s conference rivals UC Davis on Saturday at each of their opponents’ senior meets.

“This was a really good weekend for us,” Head Coach Gregg Wilson said. “It was the kind of thing where everyone contributed; everyone played a part in the victory.”

The men’s team beat Pacific 158-100 as they remain a perfect 5-0 in dual meets this season, while the women’s team defeated the Tigers 153-109 and Davis 162-138 as they improve to 5-3 in dual meets.

The men’s and women’s team swept the 1000-yard freestyle against Pacific as freshman Andrew Barmann continued his excellent play, winning the event with a time of 9:35.01, while sophomore Andrea Ward touched the wall at 10:21.42. The Gauchos were also able to sweep the 100-yard backstroke, 200-yard butterfly, 400-yard individual medley and 50-yard freestyle events, winning a total of 19 events on the day.

The men’s team had standout performances in the 200-yard freestyle as four Gauchos rounded out the top five. Senior Garrett Thompson won the event in 1:39.19, edging out fellow Gaucho senior Chris Peterson (1:39.92). Sophomore Andrew Dossa and sophomore Alexander Campbell finished third and fourth, respectively.

Five Gauchos won multiple events in the meet, including freshman Katie Records, who placed first in the 200-yard breaststroke competition (2:19.59) and the 100-yard breaststroke (1:04.76), narrowly defeating her opponent by 0.09 seconds.

On Saturday the women’s team got off to an early start as the “A” relay team of Ward, sophomore Allie Knight, sophomore Sophia Yamauchi and senior Kendall Neely was able to continue its dominating performance, winning with a time of 1:43.69.

“The first step we took was the medley relay and that just got us rolling,” Wilson said. “It set the frame for the rest of the swimmers … that first event set the tempo.”

Knight was victorious on three individual occasions, winning the 100-yard backstroke in 57.33, the 200-yard backstroke in 2:03.85 and the 400-yard individual medley in 4:27.28. Yamauchi was also a multiple event winner on the day as she continued her excellent play in breaststroke competitions, winning both the 100- and 200-yard breaststroke.

The Gauchos were also able to overcome the depth the Aggies had in diving competitions, as freshman Caila Baltas’ upset win gave the team its first diving event victory of the season, finishing first in the 1-meter board competition with a score of 221.70.

The Gauchos now head back home to face Cal Poly on Saturday, where they will honor their seniors.