The Orlando Magic currently hold an 11-4 record in the NBA this season, good for second in the eastern conference. Most of their success is attributed to the best big man on the planet: Dwight Howard. “Superman” is dominating the NBA in a way that has not been seen in decades, and he is on his way to becoming the first player to average 20 points and 15 rebounds per game since Moses Malone accomplished the feat in 1979.

Meanwhile, Howard has adamantly expressed his desire to be traded to another team, where he can move to a larger media market and compete for an NBA title. While the Magic have shown they can win this season, Howard continues to put pressure on General Manager Otis Smith to find a trade partner or risk losing the center to free agency with nothing to show for him. Smith would be smart to find the best deal possible and trade Howard while he still can.

With the trade deadline still two months away, expect to see the Howard trade mania explode come March, similar to Carmelo Anthony’s last season. Some of the likely trade partners include the Nets, Mavericks, Knicks, Clippers and Lakers.

Initially considered a favorite in landing Howard, New Jersey’s attempts have been strained with center Brook Lopez’s broken foot. New York presents an interesting option for the Magic with pieces like Tyson Chandler and Amare Stoudemire, but it seems too quick to give up on the current Knicks roster. While the remaining teams all have adequate pieces to acquire Howard, look for the Lakers as the most rumored trade partner until proven otherwise.

In young center Andrew Bynum, the Lakers possess the strongest trade chip of any team on the market, unless Los Angeles’ other team pulls a bonehead Clipper move and trades their future star Blake Griffin. With a package of Bynum and two or three first-round picks to go along with a young guard, the Lakers present the biggest and likeliest threat to nab Howard, and would rejuvenate an aging roster in the process.

A team-up of Howard, Pau Gasol and Kobe would rival Miami’s Big Three and ensure the Lakers a competitive spot in the NBA title race for years to come. Howard’s recent performances only add to eager NBA fans’ yearning for their own teams to pull the trigger and bring in the most dominant center in the league.

Daily Nexus staff writer Paul-Michael is having a hard time containing his excitement about a possible threesome with Kobe, Dwight, and Pau.