The Associated Students Finance Board allocated $13,063 to eight of the nine student organizations that requested funding at last night’s two-and-a-half hour meeting.

The board fully funded Substance Abuse Intervention through Research and Service, Technology Services Committee and Muslim Student Association while partially funding Lambda Pi Eta, Anthropology Graduate Student Association, Chinese Student & Scholar Association, Delta Delta Delta and National Pan-Hellenic Council.

A request from Alpha Phi Alpha was tabled until the next finance board meeting on Jan. 23 due to an unclear use of event proceeds.

Among the fully funded events was the Technology Services Committee’s Local Area Network party, which will be held Feb. 4 at the Loma Pelona Center. The board has previously funded multiple LAN parties.

Technology Services Committee Chair Dmitriy Gekker, a fourth-year chemistry major, said the LAN party for Fall Quarter was a success and the group expects the next party to draw a sizeable crowd.

“We had a fantastic LAN party on November 11. The LAN party is essentially a socializing [and] gaming event,” Gekker said. “You can bring your computer and set up. There will be a lot of food for it and it’ll be great.”

After being denied funding from the After Dark Committee due to restrictions on financing events held during the day, the Technology Services Committee received $830 from Finance Board due to the event’s popularity in the past.

Lambda Pi Eta National Communication Honor Society requested funding for an event featuring guest speaker Michael Hecht, which is scheduled to take place March 2. According to the group’s president Anna Deruysen, a fourth-year communications major, the speech will explore the roots of emotions such as annoyance and nervousness.

“The speech is about annoyance, why certain things matter to people and why people get nervous when they’re in front of other people,” Deruysen said. “It’s a very interesting topic that we tend to have a lot of theories on and we’re having someone who has done research come.”

Finance Board eventually distributed $1,635 to Lambda Pi Eta for the event.