An unknown suspect threw a combustible device comparable to a Molotov cocktail at the Isla Vista Foot Patrol Station shortly before midnight on New Year’s Day, the second attack on the building in less than two months.

The arson attempt, which resulted in insignificant structural damage, showed various similarities to last year’s Nov. 15 incident involving two incendiary devices. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has announced a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individual responsible for the first firebomb attempt.

Additionally, the FBI and Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office released a partial surveillance video capturing the Nov. 15 attack to assist in the suspect’s arrest. The national agency works with local crime investigations involving gang activity, murder for hire, kidnappings, serial killings and other significant violent acts.

According to the county sheriff’s office’s press release, the first incident broke a patrol car’s windshield and damaged the station’s “Operation Medicine Cabinet” drop box as well as one stucco wall. Officers also found graffiti referencing the crime on surfaces at Snidecor Hall on campus.

To view the video, visit vimeo.com/33362904. The Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Office encourages anyone with information regarding the attack to call (805) 681-4100.