Posting their first conference victory in a 2-0 shutout against Riverside last week, the UCSB women’s soccer team will look to continue to build on that success when they travel north to take on Pacific and Davis.

With the victory, UCSB improved to 6-9-2 (1-4 Big West) on the season in a victory where they scored more than one goal for the first time since Sept. 9.

“I do feel a sense of relief that we’re on the board, that we’ve got a win and we know we still can win,” Head Coach Paul Stumpf said. “More than anything it’s a little bit of a relief and a little bit of confidence.”

Friday’s game features a Pacific team that has lost its previous two matches, dropping its record to 7-6-1 (1-2-1 Big West). The Tigers are coming off a 3-2 loss in overtime to Davis last Thursday.

Pacific’s offensive attack is headed by senior forward Kristina Wavomba, who is second in the Big West with eight goals on the season. Coming on strong of late is senior midfielder Alex Topp with six goals on the season, three coming in conference play.

UCSB will try to match its own offensive effort from the Riverside victory after freshman midfielder Indiana Mead and junior midfielder Erin Ortega each scored on Sunday. Also contributing was sophomore midfielder Erica Shelton with a team-high six shots, two on goal.

“All the girls that play up top have it,” Mead said. “We can do it, it’s just we really have to work on finishing because we have the opportunities, obviously.”

Santa Barbara will then travel to Davis on Sunday to face an Aggie team that has won three matches games in a row. Davis, 9-4-1 (3-1-1 Big West), has won their last three conference games after starting the season 0-1-1, with victories over Riverside, Pacific and Cal Poly.

“Anybody in the Big West will tell you going to play Pacific and Davis is difficult,” Stumpf said. “Davis is doing very well so it’s going to be a tough road trip for us.”

Junior forward Allison Kelly leads the Aggies’ offense with six goals and a Big West high three coming in conference play. Davis leads all teams in conference play with 12 goals in only five games.

“With all the talent across America in soccer, I always tell the team you’re not going to be able to stop the team from getting looks at the goal,” Stumpf said.

Sophomore goalkeeper Makenna Henry will have the tough task of slowing down the Aggies’ offensive attack, but seems up to the challenge after holding the previous three opponents to a combined two goals.

Kickoff at Pacific on Friday is scheduled for 7 p.m.