The Deep Sea Wine Tasting Room on the wharf in downtown Santa Barbara offers the exquisite complexities offered by our mountain range combined with the beauty of our California beaches. Home to the Conway Family Wines, the Room offers an entrancing 360 degree view of the Pacific coast, the Channel Islands, Santa Barbara Harbor and Riviera.

For you wine lovers out there, this beautiful tasting room offers a Wine Club membership with an annual shipment of two bottles four times a year; this comes with five free tastings a quarter and can be customized with any of your favorite wine.

I was introduced to the wine tasting world with Deep Sea’s Introductory flight; six tasters of their wines ranging from their lightest white to their boldest red. A light and crisp Central Coast Chardonnay gently woke up my palette in preparation for the wines to come. Next came the Deep Sea Viognier followed shortly by the most unique wine I’ve ever tried, the Deep Sea Sauvignon Blanc with green grassy notes, asparagus and jalapeno pepper.  Tasters travel the coast for a bottle of this white wine infused with fascinating flavors. The tasting continued with the Sea Flower Rose blend: fresh cherry, strawberry and melon flavors combined in one. The finale proved worth the wait: the flagship of the Deep Sea tasting room, the Deep Sea Red 2008 — a luscious balanced blend of five red grape varieties — Lagrein, Merlot, Mourvedre, Petit Sirah and Syrah; the perfect compliment to meats and pastas.

Open seven days a week from 12 to 7 p.m., the Deep Sea Wine Tasting Room promises live music and (soon to come) Happy Hour. Come learn about wine tasting, enjoy the view, and if you aim to impress, bring a date.

217 Stearns Wharf
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

—Sieva Kozinsky