The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to a burglary, physical assault and several alcohol-related crimes this past weekend.

Deputies received a report Friday night of several unknown suspects entering a residence on the 6500 block of Del Playa Drive through an unlocked sliding glass door. According to IVFP Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, deputies arrested five individuals after witnesses observed the group leaving the house with the swiped belongings.

“The suspects stole numerous items and were observed leaving the residence with items in hand,” Vuillemainroy said. “IVFP deputies were called and made contact with the suspects nearby. The suspects were in possession of numerous stolen articles and were taken into custody.”

Vuillemainroy said deputies found additional stolen wares in a nearby car after the initial arrest.

“The suspects were associated with a vehicle nearby where further stolen property was located,” Vuillemainroy said. “The suspects were from Los Angeles and Ventura County.”

IVFP also responded to a physical assault Saturday night on the 800 block of Fortuna Road. According to Vuillemainroy, the victim was punched after attempting to remove the suspect from the residence.

“A house party was ending and the residents were trying to get everyone to leave,” Vuillemainroy said. “In doing this, one of the residents was struck and knocked out by the suspect. The victim was transferred to the emergency room with a facial fracture.”

The investigation is ongoing, Vuillemainroy said.

Officers also handled several alcohol-related crimes this weekend, issuing 23 citations for minors in possession, 16 for open containers and five for urinating in public. IVFP also arrested four people for public intoxication.