The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to an assault with a deadly weapon, assault of a peace officer and several alcohol-related crimes this weekend.

Deputies received a report of a physical assault on the corner of Camino Pescadero and Sabado Tarde Road at 12:11 a.m. on Sunday. According to IVFP Lt. Ray Vuillemainroy, officers witnessed the two subjects yelling at each other in the street.

“Deputies learned that the suspect in the fight struck the victim with a large glass whiskey bottle,” Vuillemainroy said. “The victim sustained lacerations to the face and was transported to the hospital by his friends. The suspect was arrested.”

IVFP also responded to an attempted assault of a California Highway Patrol officer on the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive at 2:25 a.m. on Saturday. Vuillemainroy said a suspect threw an object at the CHP officers during a DUI investigation.

“During the investigation, a bottle was thrown in the direction from the balcony of 6631 DP,” Vuillemainroy said. “Deputies investigated the incident, and the suspect jumped off the second-story balcony and fled on foot. The suspect was not caught and the investigation is still ongoing.”

Officers also handled several alcohol-related crimes throughout the weekend, issuing 12 citations for minors in possession, three for open containers and one for noise violation. IVFP also arrested five people for public intoxication.