The UCSB women’s volleyball team will host Big West foes UC Davis tonight and Pacific tomorrow night in its last two home matches of the season.

“We are looking to close out our season on a high note and really finish strong,” Head Coach Kathy Gregory said. “If we can improve our consistency a little bit we should be able to come away with two wins this weekend.”

Santa Barbara (14-12 overall, 8-5 Big West) is currently in fourth place in the Big West, behind Cal Poly, Long Beach State and first-place Cal State Fullerton. With three games remaining for the Gauchos, this weekend may make or break the team’s playoff chances.

“Our goal is to play hard and have everyone play and contribute,” Gregory said.

UC Davis (16-10 overall, 7-6 Big West) will come into Santa Barbara having lost its last three matches. Earlier this season, the Gauchos lost to the Aggies in a heartbreaker on the road 3-2 in a match where UCSB was leading 2-0.

“We have not forgotten what happened last time we played them, and we are definitely going to come at them with a vengeance,” senior setter Dana Vargas said.

Pacific (16-10 overall, 7-6 Big West) enters the game tied for fifth place in the Big West with Davis. In a match at Pacific earlier in the year, UCSB dominated the Tigers, shutting them out 3-0.

UCSB features three seniors on the team that will be honored before the game Saturday on senior night. Vargas, outside hitter Charlene DeHoog and middle blocker Kasey Kipp will all be playing in their final home game on Saturday.

“It is going to be a little surreal,” Vargas said. “These past four seasons have flown by, and we have had such a great experience together as a class.”

UC Santa Barbara will finish up its regular season campaign next weekend when the Gauchos travel to Riverside to take on the Highlanders (2-26 overall, 0-12 Big West).

“We are focused on going out strong,” Vargas said. “The postseason is not out of reach just yet. We need a few breaks, but all we can do is play hard and focus on what we can do.”